St John's Q&A

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Update on Maria Turner

If you remember my post from July 28 ("Who is your hero?"), I wrote about a real hero, Maria Stefko Turner. Maria has made a special request for prayers, so please pray for her. Here is an update on her situation.

She went on Monday for her 3 month check up, and the Cat Scan showed a new infected lymph node around her heart. She goes for a Pet Scan on tomorrow. Next Monday, she will begin intense chemotherapy to shrink the disease. Maria also has an upcoming bone marrow transplant, and they are looking at her family members as potential donors.

Maria writes this: "I could really use a lot of prayers to help give me the strength to fight this and, God willing, be cured. Thank you for your prayers and support."

Please show Maria your support by leaving a comment to this post, assuring her of your prayers. Either she will read your comments, or her family members will read them to her.

Thank you all very much!

1 Comments:

  • Maria,
    Although my post is late, I have thought about you often. I pray all you have endured is for nothing. I pray for a cure and that your suffering helps convert sinners. Something I try to understand everyday... Good people and suffering. My prayers are with you and I hope God gives you the strength you need.

    God Bless.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Free Web Site Counter
Free Web Counter